Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Did You Know?

Having read 1984 and Brave New World, I must admit that I am slightly terrified by this information. That being said, I've seen this clip a couple of times this year. It seems our administrators like to remind us that we are educating the competition for two rapidly growing super powers. No pressure.

Since kids are wired differently these days (literally), I consider myself lucky to be at a school that encourages and facilitates the use of technology in my instruction. Students can create podcasts, submit assignments online and all kinds of cool stuff. There has even been discussion of incorporating text messaging into getting kids info... it's not as far fetched as it sounds. I've always felt pretty plugged in but I am feeling a little overwhelmed. I thought I was doing good adapting to using a Mac. I hope I can keep up!

No comments: