Monday, May 4, 2009

Phunky Phresh

I was beginning to worry what would fill the void left when Barnes & Noble pulled up roots as the main anchor in the local strip mall and moved across Hwy 67 into the new mixed retail/ dining shopping center. When Linens N Things (in the same strip mall) went out of business I envisioned a Dollar General or something equally unsavory moving in.

While Joe and I were out and about this weekend we noticed that the former Barnes & Noble will be a Sprouts Farmers Market.

Given that the nearest Central Market or Whole Foods in almost 30 miles from the casa, we are excited to have some semblance of quality a mere 8 miles away. I've never been to a Sprouts before, but I hope it is as nice as Central Market. In the burbs we have to drive over the river for a variety of seafood, wine & cheese, and veggies...and well, just about everything else you can imagine. If they carry my Fage Greek yogurt, I will be in hog heaven. I have a feeling our grocery bill is about to drastically increase.

No comments: