Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pheebs Turns One

Yesterday Phoebe officially turned 1 y.o. While I did not buy her a birthday cake or make her wear any silly party gear, I thought I would at least write a blog. haha She's been such a wonderful addition to our home and makes us laugh constantly. I fully credit my dogs for making me smile everyday that Joe was away in Iraq...all 18 months! It was a little easier to come home from work everyday knowing that there were two little critters waiting there, always happy to see me.
I bought Pheebs last spring after losing our other yorkie, Ozzy.. We'll never know what went wrong after that surgery while still in vet care, but January 19th was a sad sad day for us. We took Oz to 3 different vets before we made the decision to put him to sleep. The only alternative was an expensive brain surgery with no gaurantee of normalcy. Joe was in Iraq so this was a hard blow to take for us. Poor little Harry waited by the window for 3 days for Ozzy to come home.


We never had any doubt that we wanted another yorkie. We waited a few months to begin looking and definitely did our homework. After looking at several shady breeders our vet finally refered us to a responsible breeder. The wait was worth it and just like my mom said, "I just knew" I'd found the right fit. She was slightly out of our price range, but the reassurance of knowing the breeder and seeing how well she cared for her dogs was worth every cent.


Here's Pheebs from the day I brought her home until last week.





Pheebs on her first day at Casa del Arnold.


Ready to go to Yorkie Meetup at the White Rock Lake dog park.
May 08






Pheebs on July 4th at my parents' house in Whitney.



Posing is her specialty.





Playing at the dog park in September.



In December in her holiday garb.



On a windy January day in Whitney with Tino and Harry. It was a little too windy to be glamorous that day!

No comments: