Sunday, December 6, 2009

O Christmas Tree

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around the casa. I was really procrastinating getting my Christmas decorating done this year. When I noticed many of our neighbors had their lights up, I decided I'd better get on it before it was too close to Christmas to justify dragging everything out of storage. I love our fake tree. There's no messy clean up, though I do appreciate the scent of a live... er...slowly dying tree. The best part is that it is pre-lit....until I discovered an entire section of lights was out. After rummaging through the foliage in search of a busted bulb in vain, I summoned the Master of all things electric...

Turns out it was just a blown fuse. Joe saved the day! :) I'm glad he was around to help out and use his gift. Since he doesn't have any interest in decorating, (which is probably a good thing since I am freakishly particular about where everything goes) I was happy that he was involved in the process. heehee

I decided that my...OUR tree needed more burnt orange (more brown, actually) ornaments, so my trip to WalMart for a $2 wreath door hanger ended up costing around $30 after I loaded up on ornaments. It was worth it though.


Of course, just as I had opened the curtains to the front windows, the news broadcasted a story cautioning people not to display their tree and gifts so as not to attract thieves. Joe and I just looked at each other and laughed as there are no gifts under our tree to steal.


I'm glad my Longhorns are headed for Pasadena! It makes me even happier to have a burnt orange theme. Plus, I can rationalize leaving my tree up until January 7th. Now I must get the outside lights up. Tomorrow...if it's not raining...and freezing.

No comments: