Monday, July 5, 2010

The Look Says it All


Poor Harry. He just tolerates the puppies when they jump on him, pull his tail, and steal his thunder. I wonder what's going on in that head of his these days. If you ask me, I think Harry's contemplating this puppy's "accidental" disappearance.

The puppies will be 8 weeks old this weekend, and they are becoming more bold by the day. Each time we let them play outside of their playpen, they venture a little farther from their comfort zones. They retrieve lost socks from beneath the couch and hide them in their dog bed and tug on my new curtains. Phoebe has weaned them and she growls if they nudge at her belly. But when she is not fending puppies off, she herds them close to their pen. It's pretty funny. She has ditched sleeping with them and is back sleeping with Joe and me. Thankfully, Pheebs is eating well and putting on weight these days. Ideally, the breeder will take her pick within the next couple of weeks and we can begin bonding with the puppy we are keeping.

Aside from being adventurous and super adorable, puppies make great blemish concealers and face-thinning apparatus. I wish I could carry them around like this all of the time. They would get in a lot less trouble, and who doesn't love puppy breath?

Wonder what the guy on the left is thinking. Probably something like, "Dear God, please help me!"

1 comment:

Kimberly Larsen said...

ha ha ha Meatball has had that same look ever since Landon arrived... we always say she is plotting something when she has that look on her face. Your puppies are SO precious... I can't believe they are already getting so big!!!