Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thirty, Flirty and Thriving!


Tuesday was mycousinamanda 's 30th birthday.


In honor of her monumental milestone and the journey to Japan on which she is about to embark, I created what could possibly be the nerdiest gift since Napoleon Dynamite scrawled that picture for Trisha to ask her to the school dance.

I give you....




Amanda has undergone many life changing experiences this year. She became engaged to Matt, who is in the Air Force and stationed in Okinawa, Japan. As he returns from Afghanistan in a couple of weeks, she will be joining him in Japan.

She also discovered the positive influence of yoga, and after a rigorous 200 hour training, Amanda is about to become a certified yoga instructor. If you've known Amanda, you know that she pretty much had the attention span of a squirrel on crack and about as much focus. (I say that with love.) Yoga has helped her harness all that energy...and she looks AH-mazing!!! For selfish reasons I want her to stay and be my personal yoga instructor. Can you say "family discount?" Holla!



My cousin has always put other people's well-being before her own and is still willing to go out on a limb when most people wouldn't. There's no other person with whom I'd rather be in a sticky situation than her. We have so many wonderful memories, and I am sad that I will see her much less than usual, but I am so, so excited that she has this opportunity.

Looks like I'll be taking a little trip to Japan in the next year to get my Amanda fix.

Love you cuz! I added you to my Google Reader subscriptions. We all expect updates soon!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Thank you cuz! I will try to blog (is this the correct term; I am new to this.) before I leave; somewhere between packing, work, yoga, and most importantly family & friend time.

Sarah said...

You better, suckah! We want to know all the ins and outs of expatriating.

Jeremy Lee said...

This is great Sarah. Amanda if you read this I hope you have an amazing time in Japan. You are a special women and the man you are going to marry is very lucky to have someone so full of life. I hope you do blog because I want to read about the adventures of a Dallas girl in Japan. Yoga... Impressive, I'm lucky I can still see my toes let alone touch them...lol. I'm really happy you have made a lifestyle change like this... it isn't just exercise it is enlightenment. Seriously I wish you all the happiness in the world take care of yourself...