Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wow

To say that I have been busy in the past couple of weeks is an understatement. Here's what we've been up to:

Joe and I celebrated 5 years of marriage on June 6.

We were living the "suite" life at LoneStar Park on June 5. It was awesome. My one and only bet paid off. Who cares if it was the favorite and I only won $4.75?


I got a new MacBook Pro. I lurve it.

My brother and his girlfriend visited over the weekend. Will was in from North Carolina and his gf flew in from Pensacola. They all went to the lake and got really sunburned while I stayed in the A/C and read, once again. Here's Joe and my brothers, Will and Jon.
Phoebe's puppies are home. Well, the little boy is still with the breeder because he requires a lot more attention. Here they are!

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.


I read 2 books and wrote an 8 page personal survival story. I just turned it in last night and am anxious to find out how I did. It's been a looooong time since I wrote under pressure and with length requirements, so it was challenging. But I did enjoy it. The next paper is another 8-10 pager but will be an argument rather than a narrative. Bring it on!
***
Garden update: Tomato crop= fail. I over fertilized, I think. The plants I didn't fertilize are producing at least. It looks like I will have Lemon Boys, Black Krim, Yellow Pear, and Celebrity (I bought one Celeb at the last minute..just in case), and maybe a couple of Cherokee Purple. German Queen and Mr. Stripey grew big and flowered, but the blooms just fall off with no fruit. :( So sad. I was really rooting for Mr. Stripey. lol

I was a dummy and didn't plant two tomatillo plants. By the time I realized they weren't self-pollinating, I could no longer find a mate for my lone tomatillo plant. It has a zillion flowers but no fruit. Another fail. The jalapenos are starting to produce though and my parents have an abundance of tomatoes, squash (butternut, yellow, and 8-Ball Zuchs), onions, and soon, okra. Looks like we'll be just fine in the produce department.



No comments: