Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

I tried a new salon yesterday.  I booked my appointment, consulted with the stylist, and was pleased when she pulled off the towel after processing my color.  Well, then she started cutting my hair.  My hair was getting as long as it's been in many years, and I was eager to get it off of my neck with summer approaching, so when she started snipping away I didn't think anything of it.  I had just instructed her to leave enough hair in front to disguise my double chin.

You know when you realize it's too short, but it's too late to say anything?  I had that moment yesterday.  My hair is super-duper short (as short as it's ever been), and I've spent the last 24 hours telling myself that it will be the perfect length in about 4 or 5 weeks, which I think it will. Fingers crossed. It's not a bad haircut. I think it's just about an inch too short.

In the meantime, I'm going to have to eat better and kick up the running a notch to tighten up these jowls.  Losing some inches will help too.


I'm just dreading the comments at work tomorrow. Anyone have a wig I can borrow?

No comments: