Friday, April 29, 2011

Feeling Great!

Joe and I are still going strong on the Couch to 5K program.  We are finished with intervals and running 25 mins straight with no walking.  Tonight the air was cool and it felt great.  I am really looking forward to the 5K on May 14.  Right now, it looks like little brother will fly in and mycousinamanda and Maia will be here, too.  I have no delusions of running along side my brother.  I'm sure he will finish at least 5 minutes ahead of me, but it will be a fun experience to run with Joe and Will and have Amanda and Maia at the finish line (maybe/hopefully).

In other news, I got a new ride.  I'd been lusting after the Acura ZDX ever since Vandergriff gave us one as a loaner when we had the MDX serviced last fall. Their evil plan worked-- hook, line, and sinker.  We found a loaded new one at a great price (last 2010 on the lot and GM's demo). They made us an offer way below MSRP, and we couldn't refuse. I like it because I don't see a ton of them on the road-- admittedly it's because it probably doesn't appeal to everyone. Yahoo! put it on its "Ugliest Cars of 2010"list, but Yahoo! can Suckit!  My brother said it resembled a "crouching panther," so that's what I'm going with.  Rawr.

I like all the new techie stuff, but my favorite is probably the Bluetooth.  It detects and plays my iTunes from my phone when I get in the car.  Also nice are the air conditioned seats. No more schwetty back and legs in the summer! Bonus!  We had a great car buying experience, and the folks at Vandergriff Acura in Arlington are great.  We've always had pleasant dealings with them.  Needless to say, we're happy customers.

1 comment:

Kimberly Larsen said...

Congrats on the new wheels! I recently discovered my new one has air conditioned seats and it is the coolest, weirdest thing ever! Enjoy friend - you deserve it :)