Friday, May 21, 2010

Things that Suck

This week has just plain sucked, and I'm going to take a moment to tell you all about it. No more Debbie Downer posts for a while after this.

You ready? Here we go!

The Official "Things that Suck" List

#1
Ordering your books from the TCU Barnes & Noble Bookstore, tracking them on UPS, and coming home to find that they are not delivered to the "FRONT DOOR," as stated on the tracking system. They are not on your neighbors' front door either.

That box contained three books for the "Islam & Politics in the Middle East" class I am taking. The other two books were for a "Survival Literature" class. I am sure the person who accidentally-on-purpose opened it has already contacted Homeland Security. Agents are going to rappel through my windows and bust in my door any minute. As far as getting the books, I am being bounced back and forth between UPS and the bookstore. To top it all off, the professor sent an email this week urging everyone to buy the books early as they always sell out. Great. Given my fragile state this week, I burst into tears when the bookstore chick got an attitude with me. She said she'd put the order aside for me. Yes, that's great, but do you plan to be a pal and pay for them too? My blood pressure is rising as I type. Moving on...
#2
Force feeding your anorexic dog. Carrying the puppies sapped just about all of Phoebe's reserves and left her looking like a bag of bones. She is such a picky eater that she's always been on the lean side, but now she has to eat enough calories to get some meat back on her bones. She won't do that on her own, so that means I have to pry her little mouth open and squirt in the prescription food about 6-8 times a day. She hates me for it and I want to cry from frustration. Joe did this Tuesday and Wednesday and I got the Thursday and Friday shift. We take her back to the vet on Tuesday to get her c-section stitches out, so we are looking for a weight gain. Fingers crossed.

#3
Tornadoes...for obvious reasons.

A little before 2:00 pm, I made a run to the Mansfield Petsmart to grab a variety of dog foods to tempt Phoebe, and I figured I'd stop at the Starbucks at the 67 & 287 intersection. Apparently, as I was sipping away on my iced double shot, there was a tornado forming right over me. I had no idea until Joe called me while I was at Petsmart giving me to dubious order to go home, there was a tornado headed for Midlothian. I paid and drove home, all the while scanning the horizon for this supposed tornado. And then I passed by an overturned 18-wheeler right outside of Midlothian...yeah...on the very road I'd traveled down minutes before. Gah! Back at the house, things were as I'd left them. And, of course, Phoebe didn't like any of the six different foods I bought. This dog!
Though I am sure glad I wasn't at school with a couple of thousand terrified teenagers, I do feel a teeny bit guilty for not being there for them in their time of distress. Check out these cool photos my death-defying co-workers took from campus!
Not sure who took this photo, but it was shot at the Midlothian Pkwy and FM 1387 intersection about a half-mile from my casa! Yikes!

Thank you for allowing me to wallow for a bit. I feel better now.

No comments: