Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ho Cubed & Fear the Yeast ∞

Ok, so I don't know why the photo won't save with the rotation I edited in, but here's my mom's apron. Ho3! I figured my mom would get a kick out of it.


The bake-o-rama moved down to the Hart Ranch. The casa's kitchen, while decently equipped, is small. My mom built her kitchen and had the good sense to add another oven. (Note to self: must have two ovens in next home). The additional oven will be of great use for all of the yummy goodness we have planned.

Tonight I prepared the dough for some PW Cinnamon Rolls. It was my first time to bake with yeast, and I was am terri. fied. My fear was compounded by the "rapid rise" variety I picked up, unaware of any other yeast variety out there. As a result, I expected that my experience with baking with yeast would turn out a bit like an I Love Lucy episode. I should should probably go check on it to make sure it isn't oozing out of the stock pot. According to the directions, if it starts getting out of hand, I'm supposed to "punch it down" into submission. It's in the fridge, but it's risen quite a bit more...and it's not even morning yet. Eek!
It's indescribable, it's indestructible, nothing can stop it! If you never hear from me again, this is the culprit.

Off to watch the lunar eclipse!

No comments: