Tuesday, April 19, 2011

B is for Big ol Bows

After seeing several pictures of sweet little Maia (mycousin Amanda's new bebe) in very cute, but very small bows, I decided to take action.  Homegirl needs a whole big-bow arsenal.  I bought ribbon in white, red, black, light pink, and fuchsia.  Hobby Lobby didn't have any brown in 2 in. size ribbon. :( But I think this will be a good foundation for her.

See?  Maia needs a bow to match the scale of her fabulous glasses.

Since I don't have a baby model, I just use this monkey (which Joe said looked like Aunt Jemima with the bow).
Corker ribbon fresh off the dowel and cut.

Voila!
 The korker bow was fun.  I've always wondered how the ribbon curled and stays curled.  Well, as it turned out, all I needed was a wooden dowel, a couple of wooden clothespins, and my oven. And ribbon, of course.

You just wrap the ribbon around the dowel, secure with clothespins, and bake at 275 for 25 mins.  Easy!

I've seen many cute uses of the korker ribbon, so I'm anxious to try it again.

Also in the works, a custom bow holder. I'm drawing my inspiration from this little number.

1 comment:

Kimberly Larsen said...

Oh how I love big bows on babies!! Kelly and I have attempted bow making a few times - it's so much fun!!!