Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lately

I've been busy lately, so here's the quick and dirty run-down.

Joe's eye fully recovered. No more pirate Joe.  Yarrrr.


Last Friday Joe sent me these purdy flowers for  the anniversary of the day we met. TEN YEARS AGO!  Ahg!  I can't believe it.

Saturday I spent most of the day working on my paper for my writing class and watching the Rangers.

Sunday we went to my dear friend's birthday cookout in Dallas.  Yummy food and plenty o' wine.  Have you ever tried panzanella?  Seriously, I ate the best panzanella I ever had in my life at Kim's cookout.  Okay, so it was the only panzanella I've ever had in my life.  But I've gotta get that recipe.  It rocked my face off!

Today:
Joe got a call from TCU inviting him to an interview for admission to their MBA program.  He's got a big decision to make between UTA and TCU.  Practical Joe wants to stick with UTA.  He can use several credits and graduate in about 12-18 mos.  Fancy Joe wants to go with TCU.  They have some awesome 8-day study abroad programs (spouses can tag along!)  and a great alumni base, but it will probably take closer to 24 mos to complete, but that's three or four trips abroad earning credit.  ;) We need to set up a poll.

Tonight Joe and I ran Day 1 Week 5 of our Couch to 5K program. 

It wasn't so bad. Walk 5 min. Run 5 min. Walk 3. Run 5. Walk 3. Run 5. Walk 5. 

The last 5 minutes of running were uphill with a headwind and kinda sucked, but we made it.  Since we've jumped up to longer increments of running, I've started to get a teensy bit sore in my quads and calves, but I think having a rest day between has helped.

I wish the weather would always be this nice for running.  I know that heat and humidity are imminent though. :(

No comments: