Friday, August 5, 2011

Cork Letters

So I pride myself in my lack of creepy hoarding tendencies, but I do have a thing about keeping corks.  See what I mean?  It was becoming a bit of a problem because I was using up all of my large vases after the hurricane starting spilling over.

So many corks!

Well, I've seen some super cute ideas to repurpose corks--- like necklaces and trivets, but I came across this idea on Pinterest, and knew I just had to make my own. So I did. And I liked it.  The cool part was picking through the corks and remembering the occasion tied to each. Some cork labels were plentiful and others were rare.  It showed our changing taste in wine over the years, and that was cool.


Getting the corks placed was the trickiest part.

So with a $1.99 letter from Hobby Lobby, some hot glue, and Lord know how much invested in wine, this is how it turned out.  Pretty cool!

Barely put a dent in my stash. Who needs a cork letter?

1 comment:

Kiki said...

I am so going to do this! Been wondering what to do with mine too.