Wednesday, August 24, 2011

So Far...

School is back in session and aside from the sore throat from all the talking and my aching feet things are going well. It may be too soon to speak, but all of the horror stories I heard about the Class of 2015 have so far remained a thing of the past (knock on wood). Maybe they grew up over the summer. Maybe the bad apples vanished. Maybe they came to Jesus. I don't know, don't care.  But I actually kind of love them right now.  Yay!  Here's hoping for continued harmony in my EIGHTH year teaching sophomore English.

Joe is now working on his MBA at TCU, which gives me a break from football some nights (I love football, but it's mainly just college teams I care about).  Since I'm done with academia for now, I've filled the void with A Game of Thrones.  It is a set of books turned to an HBO series, and I'm hooked.  So far I've only watched half of the 1st season, but it is an excellent show (think Camelot meets Lord of the Rings and Braveheart but less predictable than all three), and I will probably turn to the books to get my fix until season 2 comes out. Other than that, things have been pretty uneventful.

One of the goals we had when we starting hacking away at our debt last year was to refinance the house into 15 year mortgage with a MUCH lower interest rate than we currently have. I wish we would have done it to begin with, but live and learn. The appraiser was just out on Monday, so keep your fingers crossed for us.  If all goes accordingly, we should close before the end of September.  It's just a waiting game.  I hate waiting games with big events like this.

Sorry for the boring stuff.  I'm going to have to get some ideas for blog topics to supplement..like finishing my Spain blogs...Or maybe I can post pics of crafty baby projects since mycousinamanda is having another girl!  And for the record, just because I make the occasional baby item for a family member or friend does not mean I am hopelessly overcome with baby fever, as my brother so kindly pointed out to me. Just maybe a passing baby hot flash or something like that. We're not in baby fever territory just yet. :) 

I'm off to watch these rain clouds (gasp!) roll in.  The wind is blowing leaves off the trees early.  It looks like October and feels like summer out there.  Bring on the rain and cool weather!

No comments: