Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pool at the Joule

This past weekend, after a Mary Kay morning courtesy of my good friend and consultant, Megan Ross, I had the pleasure of hanging out at the Joule hotel in downtown Dallas.  Myfriendkim invited me to a girls' night, which I gladly accepted.  I'd been to the bar at Charlie Palmer for a wine tasting, but I'd only heard about the fabulous rooftop pool in the attached Joule.

Yeah, that's a glass front overlooking Main.
 Let me tell you... it is the coolest thing in the whole city of Dallas, maybe Texas.  The front edge of the pool is glass and looks over Main Street 10 stories below. Never mind that I wasn't crazy about hanging out near said glass (partially because I envisioned the glass dislodging from the building sending the water and us gushing out on Main Street or that maybe people could see my body though the other side of the glass, and I worried the optical illusion would make me at least 40% larger than I already am. Eek!), but it was awesome from the other side of the pool and the view was just as nice.

The less frightening but equally lovely view.
The Joule would be a perfect spot for a romantic retreat or just to go and relax like we did.  Plus, if you get hungry or want to party it up, it is walking distance of some really cool spots in downtown Dallas.  I could get used to living downtown.

Refreshing mist= frizz.

No comments: