Monday, September 5, 2011

Halloween Craftiness

The blissful change in temperature inspired me to get creative today. Despite being completely congested and miserable with some crazy allergies, I dug out my long sleeve TCU t-shirt and leggings, (it may be a little too early in the season for long sleeves, but hey, I was excited) and headed to Hobby Lobby and Joanne. Since I have a billion projects I'm dying to try, I went a little crazy, but hopefully I will have some cool things to post on here in the coming weeks.

Planet Applique has a ton of cute Halloween designs, and I won a random drawing a while back and had some credit built up.  I haven't made anything for mycousinamanda's baby, Maia, lately, so I thought I'd be the crazy, crafty auntie and make her some fun Halloween stuff. 

I used a tutorial for this tutu from a fabulous site pinned on Pinterest (thanks, Heather!). The tutu is adjustable and should, at least, make for some festive pictures. I love babies in tutus.  Anyway, I like how it turned out, and it was super easy.

Check out the pics. The model monkey (the only stuffed animal in my house) is now quite a bit smaller than Maia, but you get the idea. :)


Halloween tutu and cute ghost tee.


Close up of the girly ghost.  It needs to be ironed flat.

No comments: