Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Dance!

This week I will pay off one of my longest running and most cumbersome debts, and I. am. giddy. I want to call the the bank and scream "In yo face, suckahs!" But since I was the sucker in that relationship, I won't.

I don't know why, but the song "I've Got No Strings" from Pinocchio popped into my head. Apparently, I listened to that record so many times as a child it is ingrained in my repertoire of songs I know but should never sing in front of another human for the well-being of all.

While I've only reduced my personal debt (not home or auto) by 55%, I think that's pretty darn good for the first month of the austerity program. While there are still "strings attached," and we still have many obligations to meet, we are ahead of schedule (thanks to a few pointers from Suze Orman).

I would like to dedicate the following little diddy to Bank of America.


Lyrics Dickie Jones - I’ve Got No Strings lyrics

No comments: