Sunday, March 7, 2010

"World Famous Potato Soup"

We spent some time at my parents' house this weekend. My mom was having a vertigo attack yesterday morning and asked if I would mind making some potato soup. So I went to work searching for a good recipe online. Most recipes called for cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, but my mom didn't want anything pre-made...or anything too rich. A challenge!

I ended up using this recipe from YouTube with a few tweaks. It seemed to have the least processed ingredients and was pretty quick and easy. I used 1 cup half and half and 1 cup cream rather than 2 cups of cream. I also withheld stirring in the Gouda and let everyone put as much or as little as they wanted. Oh, and I crisped up some bacon to crumble into the soup before serving. We had it for lunch and again for dinner. My dad liked it so much he asked me to make my "World Famous" soup again today. More like "YouTube Soup." I don't care...it's GOOOD!



No comments: