Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Buy Amish, Yo!

Remember last post I mentioned needing, okay, wanting this PB Project Table?

Well, even though it is on sale, it is still too expensive to justify purchasing, so I checked eBay for similar concepts. I'm not too picky. I just like the dimensions and functionality of this design... storage on both ends, counter height, etc. So imagine my delight when I found this at half of the PB price...and it is handmade by some Amish folk up in Pennsylvania. Even better! I am completely in reverence at the workmanship and work ethic of the Amish. Hopefully, they don't disappoint, 'cause I bought it.

After much deliberation between antique white and black finish, I decided on a wood stain. I don't have any white furniture and thought it might not go with the slate tile. We have dark stained wood for most of our other furniture and the dust is visible ridiculously fast (and we all know I am not johnny-on-the-spot when it comes to cleaning). So a medium stain it was! I think it will be similar to the color in this photo. Maybe a tad lighter and not as orange. I'll post pictures when I get it.

No comments: