Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lil' Bit County & Rock N Roll

You know how there are some weekends you wish would never end? I just had one of those weekends. Dinner and wine in Dallas on Friday -- fence building Saturday-- and brunch with friends on Sunday. I can't think of a better way to spend the weekend.

Mmmm ginger and fig panna cotta at Urbano Friday night. It was divine. I only thought I the pumpkin ravioli filled me up. Luckily we split this beauty 3 ways, so it was just right.
And then we went to Veritas for a few drinks and enjoyed the beautiful fall evening on the patio. This photo was taken toward the end of the night. I am really digging my hair color right now. It's getting close to the much-coveted-yet-hardly-replicated Jennifer Anniston blonde. I can only hope.

And the fence is up! Thank goodness we only decided to fence in a small area of the yard. Living on black clay and limestone makes for laborious fence post-digging. We still need to figure out how we're going to embellish the gate, but the dogs are so happy to be able to run and play unleashed. It also makes our back patio feel more private and intimate. Wonder what deals I can find patio furniture this time of year.


That tiny little speck in the bottom left corner is Pheebs checking out her new doggie yard.
So I wasn't much help with the manual labor this weekend, but I did cook and serve as water girl (and I will stain the fence in the near future).

Apparently standing around in the sun all day wore me out because Joe and I were both in bed, asleep by 9:30pm on Saturday.

And, as if my weekend couldn't get any better, my dear friend Kim called this morning and invited us to brunch at Restaurant Ava in Rockwall. Joe had stuff he wanted to finish on the fence, so I went alone and met Kim, her college roomie, and our favorite Veritas wine guy, and we sipped mimosas and ate some yummy food.
The chef sent us a complimentary fritata while we waited for our food. I love stuff compliments of the chef. It makes me thankful to have well-connected foodie friends. I had eggs benedict with a poblano hollandaise, and it was slap-yo-mama good. There were many sighs of contentment. This place is big on local farm to table cooking, a trend that is catching on in the area, and one I hope continues. If you are ever in Rockwall, you should check this place out. It is worth the drive.

Life is good.

FallBlog_Page_2(2)

No comments: