Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Writing Marathon

Holy cow! This weekend was a paper writing marathon.

I had lots of help.

Moral support.
Somehow I managed to get them done and submitted. I have to admit the Astronomy paper was the most challenging research paper EVER. It was a lesson in humility. Consequently, I had a bit more empathy for my students who were in the same boat. Creative writing is so much easier for me. I average a page in about 30-45 mins for creative stuff. This technical, scientific stuff... 250 words per 2 or 3 hours. Hmmm...so if I start my next paper on Supermassive Black Holes now...I should be able to squeak out 15-20 pages by the end of November when it is due. Oy vey indeed!

Now I get to grade piles and piles of research papers. Boo!

This helps though. :)
FallBlog_Page_2(2)

No comments: