Saturday, October 2, 2010

Urban Bazaar

Joe and I lucked into the Urban Street Bazaar in the Bishop Arts District when we decided on Cafe Brazil for brunch this morning. It is Etsy live. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. You should check. check. check it out.

It runs until 8 pm today and 12-4 tomorrow. 8th and Bishop in Oak Cliff.

They had such cute stuff and I should have taken pictures, but I collected business cards of my favorite vendors instead. But here's the link to all of the Urban Street vendors.




First there's this place: June Rose Designs.
I loved these earrings. Too bad my ears aren't pierced. She did have a matching pendant though. Hmmm.I thought these were cute, too.
Whimsical things make me happy. Weird whimsical things make me happier. Signifying Not made me want to dance a jig right in the middle of 8th Street. The shop had so much more than listed on the website. I especially liked this gentleman centaur print. They had it on baby-adult tees.

Another little tee shop that made Joe want to drag me in the opposite direction as soon as possible was Rainbow Swirlz. I envision mycousinamanda's sweet baby Maia in this little diddy.
And I would be remiss to not mention my favorite B.A.D. shop Shambhala Body Gallery. They have the best smelling candles. I like the obnoxiously strong Tyler candles with the best of them, but Shambhala has nice earthy scents like Mission Fig, Sequoia, and my all time favorite, Tomato Basil. The owner makes the all natural lotions, soaps, and candles and I think that's pretty cool. I spent a nice chunk of change in there today and now my house and hands smell divine.

I want to go back. Who's with me?!

1 comment:

Kimberly Larsen said...

i soooooo wish i could join you!! i love places like that. let us know what other fun stuff you find!