Wednesday, March 25, 2009

And now for the Cheese to go with my Whine...

Yesterday I did a little whining.  Today I thought I'd lighten things up a bit and share with you what awesome loved ones I have.  While I was off feasting, imbibing, and debauching, my dear husband, his friend, and my parents all pitched in to do some work on our property.  My husband thought it was high time we brought back the veggie garden.  I had a bountiful veggie garden a couple of years ago that yielded more than we could eat...not bad for a 6x8 plot.  So he somehow finagled my parents into helping him till and plant the garden...and clean out the back flower beds...and tear down the chain link dog run, and dead peach tree, and burn the pile of branches behind the dog run, and remove the debris clogging the creek.  My yard looks tee-riffic and I didn't have to lift a spade nor weedeater.  

I will update and post a picture of my little garden.  I am pretty excited that I have a collard patch.  I hope to keep it organic, but bugs love some leafy greens.  I will have to look into organic pesticides.

On a side note:  I discovered this site today that sells random stuff.  I love random stuff.  Do you think I could get away with loaning these pens to my students?   Loaner Pens

No comments: