Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Redbuds and Bees

When the redbuds bloom each year in late February, they are heralds of the coming of greenness and warmth, and nothing brings me out of my S.A.D. induced funk more than the sight of those candy colored branches. We have one shrubby redbud tree in our front yard. When the four sickly looking pines go, I will replace them with redbuds and Bradford pears. They are gorgeous.


When I went to snip off a brand to bring inside for a vase, I was halted by the honey bees already swarming the blooms. Sigh...I love bees... So I decided to snap some pictures before the dainty flowers are gone in a week's time.



So much depends



upon



a honey bee...



Sigh... Spring has sprung. :D

1 comment:

Kiki said...

Yay for spring and redbuds and bees! Great photos.