Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Elephants & Apples

While I was ignoring my iPhone last night and lamenting my inability to make notes in the library book, I forgot about this handy app/site called EverNote that allows you to take notes, photos, and voice recordings on your phone and sync them with your computer. Duh! I'd heard about EverNote in our English Dept. technology training a few weeks ago and haven't had any use for it in my own classroom yet, but this sure will be handy for my own personal use.

Speaking of syncing computers... I have my eye on a MacBook Pro. I like to go to the Apple Store and stare at the 17" one. My old Dell laptop has seen better days and I am slowly becoming a Mac gal. We use them at work and I like them for my purposes. Plus, I rather enjoy being more tech savvy about something than Joe for once. Is it bad I secretly enjoy watching him struggle navigating my mom's iMac, calling it bad names, and then swooping in to rescue him? hehe Joe is a quick learner though...so I know my Mac prowess will be short lived ...and he'll be back to being techie supreme in no time. The only thing standing between me and my dream computer is this blasted austerity program (which is still going well btw). Priorities...priorities.... sigh. I mean, technically, I don't need a new computer...we have a desktop and two laptops for cryin' outloud. Tempted by an Apple. ugh.

No comments: