Monday, March 29, 2010

Nerd Alert!

It is official. You're looking at a reformed grad school drop out. I registered for the summer and fall semesters today and I am chomping at the bit to get started....so much so, I checked out three of the required books from our school/city library for a Lit. class. (Actually, because I was so eager and couldn't get away from my classroom, I sent a student aide down to the library to check them out for me. haha)

I plan to get a head start on my reading. There's something liberating about reading on one's own volition rather than being hounded by deadlines. I am usually a procrastinator, so I always set myself up for cram sessions. Guess I probably could've just checked out one book, but I wanted to have them.

This particular class is on "survival literature." There's a nice mix of fiction and non-fiction. I think I'll start with The Road by Cormac McCarthy....I liked "No Country for Old Men" the movie, so maybe this book will be just as good. Plus, I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but this book is brand spankin' new. Not a single bent corner or worn page. Even reflects the post-its on my computer. It is just begging to be read.


Oh, and do you like my new layout? I'm still toying with the background and trying to figure out how I can stretch the banner to the full size rather than using the constraints of Blogger's photo-instead-o-text option. Oh well, it works for now. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love love love your header. Is there a background I'm not seeing? If so, my computer sucks. If not, I like the simplicity!

Matt's reading The Road right now, but I don't know how far into it he is. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

Thanks! Lol I left the background white for now. So your computer doesn't suck! I am curious as to what Matt thinks of the book. I'm not sure how I feel about it.