Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break: Parte Dos

This week flew by!
Our swanky new Grind n Brew came in though and I love it. Except for one thing. You know how when you get a new car and it has a new car smell? Well that's great for cars, but not for coffee makers. After following the instructions of running water through the system to clear out "factory dust," we brewed our first pot yesterday morning. It tasted like it was brewed with a tire. Yes, completely offensive. Blech! Now we're trying vinegar and water to rid the coffee maker of the source of the nasty burnt rubber taste and smell. I hope we can get it out, otherwise it's going back.
Joe was super productive while I was gone last night and attached the hanging hardware to some of Wonderland prints and picked this spot to hang them. Nice!

Where was I last night? At the best concert evah! My friend, Cindy, and a couple of her friends grabbed a bite at Twisted Root Burger (where I had a salad... haha) and then headed over to the AAC for the Black Eyed Peas concert...with Ludacris opening. Yeah, it was awesome. It was a great show...and much more interactive than Britney and just as entertaining.

I was feeling super sassy with my new outfit (bought with a gift card Joe received from NBC, thankyouverymuch!) and my uber-glam make up (courtesy of the nicest MAC makeup artist in the world). And you can see neither in this photo. lol

Me and Cindy waiting for the concert to kick off.

After the concert we headed over to the Lizard Lounge ...wait wait ...before you judge...I only went there because Will.i.am. from the BEP was going to dj. Now, I have not been there since 2001 and I must say that the place hasn't changed a bit. Really, nothing good came of this trip to said Lizard Lounge...well other than making me feel very very glad to be married. It was like a scene from Jersey Shore..with house music and fist pumping...well, minus the steroids and poufs. I was innocently bopping around to the beat trying to pass the time and shift some weight off of my feet, (which were killing me...danged fabulous heels!) and someone whose face I never even saw started dancing all up on me. Now, I wasn't even dancing...because techno isn't my thing. I was literally just slightly bending my knees to the rhythm. Ugh..and then I have to shake off some dude like a dog humping my leg. I felt so violated. Didn't even ask me if I wanted to dance...just came up behind me and started grinding his pelvis on my rear! Really, guy? That's what you're going with? Ugh. I hate that. To make matters worse..after having rationalized paying a stupid cover charge thinking that Will.i.am was going to play some fun mixes like he did at the concert, he played more techno when he finally arrived. But other than that, the evening was perfect! lol

I am now officially counting down the weeks and days till summer break...and dreaming of the warm weather that we were fortunate to have over the last week...until it started snowing today...what the heck? "Global Warming" truly is a misnomer... I think Tom Friedman's term, "Global Weirding," is much more accurate to describe this winter.

No comments: