Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Little Dirt Never Hurt

Garden plants at hand. Check. Tiller. Check. Greenish thumb. check.

Lemon Boy, German Queen, Mr. Stripey, and Yellow Pear

I love the names. hehe Good ol' reliable Celebrity tomatoes? Nah... Only oddly shaped,
colored, and sized tomatoes for this casa. We like to shake things up. I need to get an early variety, but I figured I'd better get the garden tilled first. I'm getting ambitious this year and expanding my garden to add a few more square feet of space. Every tomato variety I chose is indeterminate (doh!), meaning they grow all crazy and sprawling rather than a nice upright, compact, determinant plant. We'll definitely need the extra space. I'm looking for some good tomato cages. :) The little circle ones just won't cut it.

Hopefully, the ground will dry up enough tomorrow for me to get out and get my hands dirty. I feel like I'm behind already. (My parents have had onions in the ground since January!) Of course I will be cussing blisters on my hands during the process, but nothing beats home grown produce.

Now if I can just get someone to build me a chicken coop.


No comments: