Thursday, April 29, 2010

Brazilian Blowout Before & After

So far I just love this Brazilian Blowout. Humidity is no longer a factor in how my hair will look when I wake up in the morning, or at the end of the day. It remains as smooth as when I blow dried it. Today was a perfect day to test it out! The BB is more of a relaxer. If I didn't blow dry my hair it would still have some wave to it. Sadly, this whole process has made my beloved Chi flat iron unnecessary. Perhaps the BB has replaced the Chi as the "best invention evah."

The whole process was pretty quick. First, Brooke shampooed my hair and then combed the BB solution through. Then she blow dried my hair using a round brush and then flat ironed it. The blow drying was the worst part, only because the solution's fumes made my eyes burn and water...so I closed them most of the time. There wasn't any pungent perm smell, so that was good. I didn't want to be stinky perm girl, smellin' up the whole salon. Next, she shampooed my hair again and put the BB conditioning masque on my hair and rinsed. When wet, my hair didn't curl as tightly as before. Then, she blow dried my hair again using a round brush.

Here are the pics.

Here's what my curls look like after years of straightening them out. Not quite the spirals I used to have, but you get the idea. And yes, I'm wearing my super spiffy staff shirt from TAKS week.
And this is after the Brazilian Blowout. My hair was only round brushed. (Normally, it would be all poofy and frizzy after blow drying alone. To get it smooth and tame the fro, I'd have to go back over it with my Chi.) Best of all, it looks like I got new highlights. But I didn't.


1 comment:

lizmiller said...

That's amazing! Your hair looks really good!