Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Brazilian Blowouts and Babies

Tomorrow I am going to get a Brazilian Blowout. Now wait. Before you click away, I assure you it has nothing to do with waxing or nether regions. Those of you who've known me a while know that my hair is really super duper curly. Since acquiring a Chi flat-iron, aka the best invention evah, I've worn my hair straight. Don't even get me started on all the hair straightening disasters prior to owning the Chi.

Since my hair is short, it doesn't take that long to style, but it's definitely more maintenance when summer rolls around. Swimming, sweating, humidity and all the extra showering that comes along with these things, makes for a lot more work. The Brazilian Blowout is supposed to be a gentle, permanent straightener. Unlike other straightening processes, this doesn't have all of the bad chemicals. Sure, I could let my hair air dry and go au natural...but I would look like Medusa with this particular cut.

See? It ain't pretty, people. I've decided to wear my hair curly tomorrow for a "before" picture. This means that my students will see me as Medusa. There are a few annoying students who I wish I could turn into stone, so maybe it will all work out. I'll be sure to post before and after pics and let you know if this process is worth the money. The salon is currently running a special.

And now for a Phoebe update. Oh boy, was I way off with a guess of "one puppy." She still has three weeks to go and her belly is getting so big. After sending this photo to the breeder, she told me that if she is this big already she is probably carrying 3 or 4 puppies. Wow! This is a bit unusual for a first-timer. Phoebe will go to get her x-ray about a week before her due date (May 18th) to count the puppies and determine if she will need a c-section. We're hoping she'll be able to do it naturally, of course. But if she does get a c-section I am going to go ahead and have her fixed while they have her under. Having a pregnant pet is stressful and had I not had the contract with the breeder, Phoebe would remain "chaste." The breeder has assured me there's nothing to worry about though, so I hope I can relax and enjoy the journey. In the meantime, I'll be puppy-proofing my house.

No comments: