Friday, April 9, 2010

Object of My Desire

Ever since I first laid eyes on this bed set in the early fall Pottery Barn catalog, I fell madly in love with it. I've always wanted all-white bed linens. "Decidedly romantic," indeed! I've been watching several eBay auctions and I am so so tempted to buy it.
The only problem with the Rosa Collection is that the lumbar pillow, (which makes it, in my opinion) is super hard to find.

When Joe and I went to the Home Improvement Expo at the Dallas Convention Center a couple of weeks ago, we snagged some white, 1000TC Egyptian cotton sheets for $30. Hey, that's cheaper and a higher thread count than PB, so we felt it was a bargain. The sheets we had prior were pilling and it was like sleeping on sandpaper. The jury is still out, but so far so good. I'm hoping the old adage, "You get what you pay for" doesn't apply in this case.

Our current bed is this fun set from the RL Crystal Cay Collection. I lurve it (and so does Joe despite the pink paisley) and have for at least 4 years, but I need a change!

But Sarah, what about your commitment to your financial freedom? you ask.

Welllllll, I recently sold my extra sofa and coffee table, so technically I wouldn't be violating my austerity program by charging something. Yes, that's what I'll tell myself. How can I resist "decidedly romantic?"

Stick with the plan, you say?

Ugh. But I put our entire tax refund towards paying off stuff! This sucks. But yeah, you're right. Financial freedom will probably be way more gratifying than a new bedspread. This is going to be a tough one to talk myself out of though. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Okay, so the PB set is gorgeous. BUT so is your current set (because I LOVE paisley). For what it's worth, my vote=save your money.

Self control is hard though...

Kimberly Larsen said...

Atleast you know you would get good use out of it!