Monday, January 3, 2011

Goals for 2011

  • Get in shape and stay in shape!  That should be a lifetime resolution.  I'm turning 30 this year and want to look and feel fabulous.  The recent photos alone are enough to motivate me.
  • Continue to pay off debts.  We are now much, much healthier financially than at this time last year.  It hasn't been difficult, but we need to buckle down and keep climbing.  We've plateaued a bit lately with the holidays and need to refocus.
  • Write more.  I'm taking another Creative Writing course this semester, and I'm anxious to jump in.  A class forces me to write, but I'd like to update my blog more regularly, too. Luckily, the second class I'm enrolled in won't involve writing supermassive papers.  I'm hoping to maintain my sanity this time around and delight you with my wonderful blog posts. ;)
  • Travel to Cali and abroad.  Come April/May my cousin and her little family will be back stateside and living in California. Need I say more?  There were recent talks of Spain (again) with my brother.  Joe wants to do a European cruise.  I love cruises, but I'd prefer to explore Europe using other modes of transportation.  The euro is down a bit and I think I'd better take advantage. ;)
  • Force Persuade my husband to attend his graduation ceremony in May.  Contrary to Joe's attitude that "It's not that big of a deal," NEWS FLASH... it's a big freaking deal!  Who wants to see Joe beaming in a cap and gown?  Me! Me! Me! It seems like it's taken him forever, but minus the 18 months he spent in Iraq, he is making decent progress.  Now he's applying for the MBA programs at TCU and UTA.  Which he attends will depend on what kind of perks they offer.  It seems that TCU may be more supportive of veterans, and that's okay with me.
  • Cook more and dine out and take out less often.  This will require planning, but it will serve to reinforce my weight loss goals. 
2010 was good to us.  We had our share of heartbreak, but I feel that we've ended the year in a much better place than where we started.  The uncertainties and "suffering" of our twenties are mostly behind us now, and we're getting pretty comfortable.  Things keep getting better, and I'm thinking my thirties are not to be dreaded, but welcomed with open arms.

No comments: