Monday, January 31, 2011

Bolsa

Sweet. Baby. Jesus.

Those were my exact words after I took my first few bites at Bolsa.   My eyes are just now returning to their normal place in their sockets after having rolled so far back in my skull.

O Bolsa!  How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways:
1.  Monday night hours when every other place in the Bishop Arts District is closed.
2.  Great service.  Our waiter was so cool and helpful.  Totally unpretentious and he knew his stuff.
3.  Bruschetta to the likes you've never known.  Bolsa takes boring bruschetta and transforms it into a flite of four yummy surprises.  Our waiter instructed us to start with the chevre and butternut squash slice and progress to the smoked salmon slice.
4.  Duck confit.  It's like the best pot roast (but not beef) I've ever had with that lovely crispy duck fat treat in every other bite.
5. Pork chops.  Seriously the best porks chops on the face of the planet.  They were tender...and by tender, I mean they were almost melt in your mouth tender.
6. Cocktails.  When we stayed in the Roosevelt in NOLA, we were charmed with the Sazerac's cocktails.  The cocktail menu at Bolsa is as equally as impressive as the Sazerac's.   I can't wait to go to happy hour!  Who's in?

You need to go to Bolsa ASAP, and here's why...it ended up on Maxim's list of Superbowl dining hot spots.  I can't imagine what insanity that will bring.  Go now.  We went on a Monday night on a whim and were seated right away, and I think I had the best meal of my life that night.

No comments: