Monday, January 17, 2011

Why I Love My Brother

My younger brother is a rebel.  I am a rule follower, and he is the rebel.  Even at my most rebellious, I pale in comparison to the risks my brother has taken. Despite our innate differences, we do have at least one thing in common.

Will and I share a passion for tacos.  Not tacos from a fast food joint, but tacos from a legit taco stand.  When we get together, we try to recreate the delectable taco recipes we love so much.  Our grocery list includes things like pork shoulder, oranges, garlic, cilantro, onion, limes, and corn tortillas.  The first time we made tacos, I was fresh out one ingredient--- oregano, a pantry staple. Will ran to the grocery store and picked up some of the Mexi-brand.  It comes in a non-resealable cellophane bag, so he just dumped it into a Ziploc baggie when he was finished using it. 

When I was rummaging through my spice drawer after he went back to North Carolina, this is what I found:


Yes, my mischievous brother thought it would be funny to label the oregano "MARIJUANA." Now every time my recipes call for oregano, I can't help but smile.  I'm just going to leave it like that because it makes me feel a little rebellious.

Note:  I have never smoked nor possessed marijuana in my life.  Sometimes I wish I could say that I had, but alas, I am a square through and through.  My mislabeled bag of Mexi-oregano is probably as close as I'll ever come...and I still get a good laugh.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

LMAO...I love Will. This is classic Will. I miss him.

Anonymous said...

A bag labeled Marijuana? How dare you contribute this admission of possessing such baggie of said "Marijuana" to my doings!!
Btw, I do not believe in commas, or any other, means of, separation, between thoughts,.