Friday, January 14, 2011

Pusher

My husband is a pusher.  He's contributing to my increasingly unhealthy absorption with sewing and embroidery.  Ok, so maybe I dropped a couple of hints.  And maybe he grew weary from my constant craft store runs for embroidery thread, runs which result in me buying a lot more than just embroidery thread.  He's still an enabler!

Well, I'm set on embroidery thread now.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I could run a fairly decent sized sweat shop with all this thread.

The spools are not chromatically arranged to perfection.  It bothers me, so I'll eventually fix it.
The large spools on the end are metallics.  Joe took it upon himself to add those.  This is why I love him.

Pretty!  Each spool is individually wrapped. :-/

I also put in a request for a serger foot for my machine.  Many of the patterns I found call for serging hems, and this immediately gave me flashbacks of my grandmother's multi-spooled serging machine.  She never let me mess with it, and it remained an enigma.  The serging attachment will enable me to at least do some basic serging without buying a separate machine.  Now I have something else I have to conquer....that and sewing in a straight line.

2 comments:

lizmiller said...

It's sooo pretty. I'm in awe of all the colors!

Sarah said...

It's pretty handy! I love the colors, too!