Friday, January 21, 2011

Taking Pet Names to a Whole New Level

My poor dogs.  They don't even know their real names.  We have so many ridiculous nicknames for them that they respond to just about anything.

This is Phoebe.


A.K.A.....
-Pheebs
-Weebie
-Little Girl
-Wittle Goo
-Princess P
-Sweet Pea
-Peeps












-Angel Face
-Sweet baby girl
-Goo Goo
-Skeebie beebie

And this squirrely looking guy is Oscar.



















He also answers to:
-Oscar Wilde (When we're feeling bookish & British)
-Wild Man
-Oscar Meyer (When we're feeling all-American)
-Wiener
-Wiener head
-Wiener Schnitzel (When we're feeling German)
-Schnitzel











-Little Boo
-Li'l Bois (When we're feeling French)
-Boo Boo
-Oskee Boskee
-Oskee Boskee Boo Boo

Um, yeah...so I think that about covers it.  Who knows where all of that insanity comes from, it just does and it sticks.  We're either strange people or painfully average.  If I had to guess, it's the former.  Did you see the chicken disguise?

3 comments:

Kimberly Larsen said...

That made me laugh out loud. If you're crazy, I'm right there with you. Here's a short run-down of what Meatball's name evolved to (before we had kids... clearly we can't call her these names anymore...)
Meatball... Meterstick... Meter... Meter bin Laden... Meter Pateeter... Teets... Teets McGee... Titty Teets... The Tit.

I'm sure your blog readers are judging me.

PS We should get Titty Teets and The Weiner together for a puppy playdate. They would have alot of "parent-bashing" to do, I'm sure ;)

Sarah said...

LOL Where does it come from?! It's hilarious and weird at once. I'm glad we're not alone!

lizmiller said...

Love this! My cat gets the same treatment for me. Here's Stifler's evolution:

Stifler...Stifmeister...Stiffy...Stiff...Stiffy Stif Stif... Big Boi

I'm sure I'm leaving off a few :)