Tuesday, March 8, 2011

C25K Tuesday: Week 1 Day 1

Tonight Joe and I started the legit C25K training program using this app.  I'm glad we had last week as a "warm-up" to this program because it was certainly more challenging. Not in a terrible way though.  I liked that the music from my iPod played, and I got a couple of different cues to walk and run.  One was a verbal cue, and it also vibrated and sent a little text message. 

I think the intervals tonight were 5 mins of warm up walking, and 20 minutes: walk 90 sec./ run 60 sec. section, followed by a 5 minute cool down walk.  It was 2 miles winding through the streets of our neighborhood, which has some gnarly hills I hadn't previously noticed.  My calves are a tad sore, and I definitely worked up a little sweat.  I also noticed the pep in my step was fading toward the end of the 20 min interval.

Overall, I'm pleased with the app and Joe for willingly coming with me tonight :)  Didn't have to beg or nuthin!  He also commented that this program was more intense than the one I linked up last week.  I know I'm already feeling better physically.  I'm sure much of the euphoria is having that guilt-ridden feeling lifted for being sedentary.

Here's my iPod playlist for tonight's session (don't laugh too hard...some of it is a little random):
  • Aaron Copland "Fanfare for the Common Man" Yes, I felt like an Olympian getting my walk on.
  • Durrough "Ice Cream Paint Job"  Yeah, buddy! Roll'n like a big shot. hehe
  • B.E.Ps "Just Can't Get Enough"
  • B.E.Ps "The Time"  (both BEP songs had a nice beat for my pace).
  • The Proclaimers "I'm Gonna Be"
  • Billy Idol "Dancing With Myself"
  • Heart "Magic Man"

No comments: