Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Some People Buy Shoes...

Some people buy shoes; I buy sunglasses.  It's getting a little ridiculous.  Many people lose or destroy their shades, but I don't have this problem. I've only broken one pair in...well, ever.



 My motto is: the bigger the better. Not only do they provide more UV protection (wink), but they are also flattering on me. You see, I have a larger than average head.  At least I think I do.  I haven't exactly busted out the measuring tape and medical charts to check.

Anyway, giant shades give the illusion of a smaller cranium.  I wish I were kidding, but I don't think anyone is going to accuse me of having body dysmorphia anytime soon. In fact, I have a genuine fear of natural childbirth because Joe's got a big ol' dome, too.  I guess I'll cross that bridge if I ever come to it.
Do these glasses make my head look smaller?

These have a nice face lift effect. If only they could disguise the massive zit on my chin.
Most pairs I pick up at Target (such as the pair pictured above), or at a department store on sale.  Others are cast offs from mycousinamanda.  The most expensive pair were deeply discounted, thanks to my brother-in-law's Sunglass Hut employee discount.  Holla! 

I'm always on the lookout for a nice pair of white frame sunglasses.  I had my eye on the white wayfarers but, alas, they are too small in proportion to my noggin. Sigh. Just know I am jealous of all you people who can pull off the wayfarers.

Anyone else have an accessory problem?

No comments: