Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thursday's Run and Oscar

I headed down to my parents' casa Thursday evening because Oscar had a date with a vet in Waco for his neuter/ retained puppy teeth extraction surgery.  Since it was Couch to 5K Thursday, my mom and I headed out to the State Park for the run.  We figured since it cost admission to get in, we might as well stay and enjoy a glass of wine after the run.  And we did.  It was really windy and the campsites were full of Spring Breakers, but the run itself was nice.  There were a lot of hills, so it made things challenging.  I'm hoping when I run in my less hilly neighborhood tonight, it will seem easier by comparison.

I don't know about you, but my mouth always gets dry and gross when I run.  My mom, a runner, suggested runner's gum (or spitting).  Runner's gum promotes salivation, which is more appealing to me than hocking lugies.  But now I wonder--- can I chew gum and run at the same time?  We shall see.

Friday was the big day for Oscar. He didn't even know what he was in for.   Here he is sleeping on the way to Waco.
 He had the works!  Not only did he have three retained baby teeth pulled, he was also castrated, and got up to date on his vaccinations.
Poor boy wanted to cuddle.  He never wants to cuddle.
 So now I am nursing this little guy back to his normal, spastic self.  I hope he feels better soon.  It sucks to know he's not feeling well.
Voluntarily hanging out in his crate. I KNOW he doesn't feel well.

Spring Break is almost over, then it's back to the real world.  I'm excited that we will end the week with a special dinner at our favorite wine bar tomorrow night.  I get to try some food I've never tasted before...namely beef tongue.  I'll let you know how that goes. ;)  

Let the countdown to summer begin!

No comments: