Sunday, March 6, 2011

Saturday in the (Fair)Park


Joe averting his eyes from kilted men on a windy day.
 NBC gave Joe tickets to the Irish Festival at Fair Park this weekend.  We decided to check it out.  It was interesting to say the least. The best part was the dog breed rescue booths set up in the pavilions.  I loved the giant Irish Wolfhounds. When I was a girl mycousinamanda had one.  Her dad used to tease me and tell me that I had to saddle the dog and ride her home.  She was big enough that I probably could have!

People dressed up in their kilts and ren. faire garb, and brought their dogs.
Joe's tattoo...on a stained glass light catcher. LOL

One of my Fair Park favs.

Did I mention it was really windy and cold?

Do work, son!  A restored mural at Fair Park.
We made the rounds and headed for Run On! to buy Joe some new running shoes.


And Saturday was Week 1: Day 5 of C25K.  We bought the C25K app, but since we got a late start and dinner was in the oven, we decided to stick with the website's suggestion to walk 5 min, run 3, walk 5 for today.  We'll start over on the iPhone app plan on Tuesday since it is a little different and looks to be a bit more intense.  Joe has really bought into the program, which makes me happy that we can train together. :)  I'll keep updating our progress.

No comments: