Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's Wednesday. Word.

Somehow I ended up at Joanne on Sunday. I picked out a reversible dress and bloomer pattern (and that fabulous floral print featured above) to start a new project for Maia, mycousinamanda's baby girl.  I couldn't help myself.  I usually end up at Joanne or Hobby Lobby when I am procrastinating something else I'm supposed to be doing and end up buying a bunch of material with no plans.  But I had a plan, Stan.  Oh yes. Here's what I've got so far.  I still need to make the shoulder ties and bloomers.  But OMG...I want to make a matching set for myself. No?  Sigh.
 I love that floral print so much I want it plastered to my walls. How about a bedspread? Throw pillow? Thank God I have Maia.  She satisfies my obsession for all things pink and frilly.  And just in time, too.  My nieces are outgrowing the pink and frilly and now opt for a wider color spectrum. In fact, one niece pretty much hates pink, I think.  It was a sad, sad day for this auntie.

I bought pre-made ruffles for the bottom. There's a lot of steps and I'm impatient. I thought about nixing the ruffle all together, but then I thought the better of it; it won't be long before Miss Maia will break my heart and ditch the ruffles. And pink. Then I might have to start making dresses for Phoebe, and I'm just not ready to go there. I'm only twenty-nine for Pete's sake! It is one thing to buy the occasional dog sweater or Halloween costume, but investing hours of labor into a project is just not something I'm sure I could feel good about. I'm weird like that.

Anyway, I'll put pictures of the whole set when I finish. 

Oh yeah, I'm blonde again. After the initial shock wore off, I think I feel comfortable being a blonde once more.  The much needed haircut helps. Even Joe commented when I declared my need for a cut, "Yeah, it's kinda at that awkward stage."  "Boy, please! What do you know about the awkward stage?" Actually, I think I said something about how he sure knows how to make a girl feel pretty. So a month after that little exchange and about two months worth of roots showing, I finally did something about the sad state of my hair.  I'm sure some of you have a betting pool going for how long this color will stay put before I dye it. ;)

No comments: