Monday, March 7, 2011

Shellac Manicure

After hearing mixed reviews about the shellac manicure, including the one on The Pioneer Woman website, I decided to give it a go.  Actually, I went to the nail salon just wanting a regular manicure, and the manicurist talked me into getting the more expensive shellac manicure just as I was picking the perfect shade of nail polish.  It cost $30, not including tip.

So far my only complaint is a limited color selection.  Well, there were at least 15 colors available, but they were all pearly, and I wanted something different. In fact, I almost picked black because it was the only non-pearly shade. In the end, I went with the bronze-brown.  It's nice and shiny, and since your hands go under the UV light for most of the process, you don't have to worry about mangling the paint job right after you leave the salon.  I'm hard on my nails and a notorious polish-picker, too.  I'm hoping this will be a miracle manicure, meaning it will last more than one week.

No comments: